Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Trash to Treasure Project- Dollhouse Nightstand



This week I show you how to turn a common household recyclable item into a fun piece of furniture for you dollhouse.

This project about because one of the people that has liked the Facebook page (Abbie Wilson) sent me a question asking about projects she could make with items around the house. I wrote back to her with a list of ideas and that action made me realize I had been saving a small stack of match boxes for just such a project.

The match boxes I am using are the kind that hold 32 matches. I think I usually get these bundled together so I get about 10 or so boxes at a time. So they should be easy to get if you don't already have some.

I got to thinking of all the different projects that could be made using this technique. We obviously have the nightstand like in the video. If you have a few more boxes on hand you could make a dresser. I think a cute bathroom or kitchen cabinet might be possible too. Also with a two stacks and some basswood I think a very cute desk would be an easy project. All of these would be very similar to the nightstand in construction.

I do love that a such a simple project gives us the possibility of so many variations and all with working drawers.


How many of you noticed the hole I had to punch in the paper on the back of my nightstand? That happened because my drawers were too tight to get pulled out. That is why I show you how to trim them with scissors. In retrospect I think if I was doing this again I would leave off the paper on the back to give full access to the back of the drawers. Oh well, live and learn I guess. I think if I had used thinner paper they would have slid out just fine though. My paper was fairly heavy but it is what I had on hand.

Now if you make this project I want to hear from you! Send me a message, comment on the blog or better yet post a picture on the Facebook wall.

Do you have any requests for projects? Be sure to let me know. I love making what you want to see.




Also as I am learning my new editing software I am learning to do many new things. This week I experimented with using 2 cameras to film and integrating them into a single video. It is obvious to me that I need to position the second camera in a different place next time but other than that any feedback? I am striving to make the videos the best I can so you can get the most out of them. I am learning all I can about the video editing end of this to accomplish just that. So feedback on that is also welcome. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment