Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Dollhouse Miniature Gingerbread House



This week I decided to show you how to make a gingerbread house for either your dollhouse or for Barbie and her friends to enjoy. I purposely didn't complete the decorating on mine because I wanted to leave it up to your imagination. I would love to see what you do with this project so be sure to post the pictures on the Facebook page.

We start out with a pattern to cut out the walls. Feel free to either draw your own or you can use mine. There are also tons of patterns online for real size gingerbread houses that you could easily adapt to the doll size.



My side walls measure ¾” x 1 ¼”
end walls ¾” x 1 1/8”
Roof ¾” x 1 3/8”






In real life gingerbread houses come in all sizes from tiny to huge so let your imagination go wild. You could make yours a castle or a cottage or anything in between.

I used some of the candy I made in last week's video to decorate along with some other mini candy I had on hand. I also used some of the Tulip Beads in a Bottle just because I have been wanting to use them for minis since I got them. I am sure I will be finding some more mini uses for them in the future.

For our frosting I am using just some plain old latex caulk. You find this in the painting/ home improvement section of the store. It is a very useful and inexpensive item to have on hand. It makes pretty foolproof frosting and cleans up with soap and water before it dries. You can also mix it with acrylic paints if you want to color it. It can be piped like frosting or just spread on so it really is pretty versatile to use.

To decorate your house you can use anything you have many beads and buttons would look great. You can make “cookies” out of the left over clay and use those to decorate.

Look online for pictures of real gingerbread houses to get your inspiration if you need help getting started. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment