Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Salad for the Dolls


This week for Trash to Treasure Thursday I thought I would show you a quick and easy way to make some salad for your dolls. This is a project that will work for just about any size doll.

The secret to this salad is the snow flake stuff that the stores sell around Christmas for placing along with the Christmas villages that are so popular. You will need to get the variety that doesn't include a lot of the iridescent flakes, if your bag has some be sure to pick them out (they just don't look very convincing as salad)

It is totally up to you how many colors of green paint you use, I usually use between 3 and 5 colors of green and I almost always add a purple too. In real life I almost always buy the bags of salad that have lots of types of greens in them and that include the purple radicchio also so that is what I make for the dolls too.

This time the colors I used were:
Delta Ceramcoat- Leaf Green
Seminole Green
Village Green
Grape
FolkArt- Olive Green

If you are unsure of what colors to use just stop by the local produce department and look at the bags of salad for an idea of what colors are in there.

You can of course just use one color and sometimes I do that too.

For display purposes you can toss the colored, dry salad with a bit of white glue and then place it in whatever container you wish to use. It will then stay put for many years.

If you want to add some “salad dressing” you can paint in a color to give the effect you are looking for.

This salad also looks great when you toss in some polymer clay additions like slices of radish, carrot, olives, tomatoes, whatever your dolls would like to have. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment