Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Dollhouse Miniature Furniture Makeover


I know this is a really short video but I wanted to get something done for you all this week. It is still really hot here and working on anything is just miserable.

I was at the Dollar Tree the other day and noticed they had some dollhouse furniture in the toy section. This time instead of having that really cheap looking finish the pieces all appeared to be totally void of any finish. I grabbed a pair of this little tables (?) so I could show you a side by side before and after this time. I think I will work out another finish for the other one for a future video. If there is something in particular you would like to see me do with the other one let me know (keep in mind they are really rough- so they aren't going to come out like an expensive piece)



This time I simply brushed on a thin coat of brown craft paint and wiped off any excess. This gives a faux stained wood finish. You will have to dab on some extra paint where the glue resists the paint.

I did decide to give my piece some “metal” drawer pulls via a coat of metallic paint. As far as craft paints in the metallic colors go I really prefer the Ceramcoat brand. The others that I have personally tried have all be almost transparent instead of opaque.

I did end up spraying the finished piece with a gloss a spray finish, I had planned to use a satin but my can wouldn't spray so I had to use the one that would work.

If you are working with kids I think these little furniture pieces might be a fun craft project to do. Just get a few pieces of the furniture and various colors of craft paint and let them have some fun. The spray finish could either be skipped or done by an adult outside.

Sorry this is so short but I am just not dealing with this heat well at all.


Also a side note I have changed the name of my general craft blog and I plan to be adding more to it in the near future. The link is at the top of this page so if you are interested be sure to check it out and maybe subscribe to that blog too. (there is a Youtube channel for that one too- I will be announcing it this week over on that blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment