Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Wood Coloring- Follow Up





This week we are finally getting back to our wood coloring experiment. I filmed the original video over a year ago. I had planned to do this follow up after 6 months but I totally forgot to. I even had it in my planner to do, it just got pushed out until it was forgotten. If you haven't seen that video (or don't remember it) you can find it here.

Someone had asked me a couple of months ago and I had intended to get to it but again I just never did. So I totally dropped the ball on this one. Someone asked me again on my Facebook page so I decided that rather than just plan to do this I would make myself do this first thing today.

Over all I really think this is a fun experiment. Would I use any of these products on projects? Sure, not all of them but some did turn out really well. I have already done tutorials using nail polish on wood, that has been a favorite of mine for years. I think I am going to have to plan out some project using some of these other things too. Now that being said, I would not use any of these to finish an expensive mini piece. These are for fun projects. I am not sure what the long term results would be.


So here are the photos original and follow up. Side by side so you can judge for yourself what worked and what didn't.

Coffee and Tea
now
then


Food color
now
then


Hair dye
now
then


Ketchup & mustard
now
then


Kool aid
now
then


Lip products
now
then


Markers
now
then


Nail polish
now
then


Red wine
now
then


Rit dye
now
then


Soy sauce
now
then


Wrapping tissue
now
then


2 comments:

  1. I think someone licked the wine sample - it's barely there now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im surprised that the soy sauce wasn't darker than that

    ReplyDelete