Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Dollhouse Miniature Easy Corner Roombox pt 5




This week we are going to be finishing the lower floor in our corner roombox. I love this technique and it is so easy and inexpensive to do you might just become hooked on it.... LOL

For the base that we will be working on I am using a piece of poster board. I discovered my local Dollar Tree had 11” by 14” pieces of poster board in packs of 5 a while back. So much easier to use than the large sheets I usually buy when I just need a small piece. Whatever size your room is try your best to use one piece of poster board to cover the floor area. It is really hard (not impossible) to hide a seam in this.

I just use the same paste for adhering this to the floor that I used for the wallpaper. It will need to get all the way dry before you start with the paint. Also you might want to weight it down for a while to make sure it doesn't warp your floor depending on what your floor is made of.

Once the paste is dry the fun part starts. For this you will want a variety of craft paint that compliments/ matches your project as well as a variety of sponges, cotton balls and anything else that looks like it would give a neat texture when used to apply the paint. In past projects I have also used terry cloth scraps, paper towels, rags made of various fabrics. Really if it is soft and you think it will work give it a try.

I do recommend having a minimum of at least 3 to 5 colors. I got out 10 and I think I used between 6 and 9 of them. (I didn't keep track) Try to have some dark colors, some light colors and some medium ones. The variety will give your floor more depth and make it more interesting.

Work with about 3 colors at a time and just have fun. Remember it is going to look really bad in the beginning so just go with it.

Once you are done and happy with the pattern you have come up with give the floor a clear coat of whatever your favorite clear finish is. I used a Satin Mod Podge and it looks great. The clear makes the floor look more realistic and gives the colors more depth.



No comments:

Post a Comment