Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Dollhouse Miniature Stove pt 3




This week we are finishing up the stove for the dollhouse kitchen. I have to say I am loving how this turned out. I had been wanting to make a dollhouse miniature glass topped stove for a while now so this was a perfect opportunity. I had planned to make a trip to Home Depot to look at some of the stoves in person but I didn't have time so I just winged it by looking at photos online. Hopefully it is alright. If you want more details on your stove-top be sure to paint them on the underside of the plastic layer or on the piece of card stock that is directly under the plastic.

As for cutting dimensions for the stove-top all we need:
1 piece of paperboard (thick like a Bisquick box)
1 piece of black card stock
1 piece of clear packaging

all of these are cut 2 ¾” by 2” for my stove. Be sure to measure your stove to confirm the size you need.

The white card stock is cut so that there “wings” that are about ½” to fold around to the back. The rounded rectangle opening was cut 2 ⅝” by 1 ⅞”. I would recommend cutting the opening a bit smaller maybe 2 ½” by 1 ¾” instead so that you have a bit more of an edge. Mine was really hard to work with and a bit more paper on the top surface would have made it a lot easier.

The handles are cut from skinny stick at 2 ⅝”

I almost forgot to add the base to my stove. I actually started to record the end of the video and realized I had forgotten to put the base on. LOL So I had to quickly get that added so I could finish this up. That is why this is late getting posted, I ran out of light to take photos and had to wait until Sunday morning to get those taken and edit the video.

So this is the end of our kitchen series. I hope you have enjoyed the projects. I know I have. I tried to make all the projects in a way that everyone, especially beginners could make them and be successful.




I have another large project planned that should start soon. So get excited for it. The next project was a request from one of my followers on Facebook and I think it will be a lot of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment